The Texas Driver Responsibility Program assesses surcharges to individuals with certain traffic convictions.
Drivers who are convicted of one of the following offenses will pay a yearly surcharge for three years. No points are applied for these offenses since the surcharge is automatic upon conviction:
- Intoxication: 1st offense, Texas or out-of-state conviction for driving, intoxication assault, or manslaughter: $1,000
- Intoxication: 2nd, 3rd, or more offenses, Texas or out-of-state conviction for driving, intoxication assault, or manslaughter: $1,500
- DWI with blood alcohol concentration of 0.16 or greater, Texas or out-of-state conviction: $2,000
- Driving without insurance: $250
- Driving while license invalid: driver license is cancelled, suspended, denied renewal, or revoked: $250
- Driving without a license, no driver license or commercial driver license, expired license, or endorsement violation(s): $100