At Comedy Defensive Driving, we believe that quality education is too damn expensive for many students and should be obtainable for everyone. So, if you are up for trying something meaningful to help achieve your goal of a college education, continue reading.
Who are we? (See footnote 1 … if you don’t know what a footnote is… you need a quality education).
Getting Real About Distracted Driving Scholarship: Design an advertisement against distracted driving; you will be judged based on the quality of the content, it’s usability as an ad (billboard, commercial, PSA, banner, etc) and how it effectively convinces drivers to stay focused on the road. We are looking for creative, and helpful ads with maybe a bit of humor or irony.
Scholarship Amount: $1,000 (1 scholarship awarded annually)
Submission Deadline: May 31
Scholarship Recipient Announced By: June 30
– Open to students planning on or currently attending an accredited college, university or continuing education program.
– No GPA Requirement, financial requirement, or any other kind of requirement – Just knowing you are making the effort to get out of bed and do something positive before noon qualifies.
– Take the pledge to not use your phone while driving, and definitely not to drive while you’re buzzed.. And definitely don’t use your phone if driving (see footnote 2)
– All forms of ads accepted including: PSA, commercial, music, billboards, media, graphics, etc.
– No time restraints, however, keep in mind that you are making an advertisement, not a Ridley Scott movie
– No overt profanity
– Nudity will not be allowed.
– Plagiarism automatically disqualified.
How To Apply: Submit advertisment (all formats accepted) to firstname.lastname@example.org ONLY; we will not be judging based on anything other than the advertisement, so don’t sweat over an introductory email; just give us your name, and the best way to reach you if you win; winners will be contacted directly; submissions through phone calls, physical mail, fax, etc. will NOT be accepted
1. So who is Comedy Defensive Driving? Only the most widely known name in driving safety and education, since 1989. We utilize professional comedians to maximize student attention using humor as our method of content delivery.
2. Don’t use your phone while driving