Texas Auto Insurance Discounts
Process in Submitting Your Certificate for a Discount
The process for submitting your certificate for an auto insurance discount is quick and easy. Here is the process you should follow to make sure you get a discount:
1. Before you take the course, check to see if your auto insurance company offers a discount to drivers that take a defensive driving course. Please note that if you are taking a defensive driving course to avoid getting points on your license after receiving a ticket, you may not be able to receive an insurance discount.
a. If you already have a local agent, call their office to find out what your discount would be on your insurance.
b. If you are not able to speak to a local agent, call a national number or check their website to find out the eligibility for the available discount.
c. If you are shopping for new auto insurance, be sure to say that you are taking or plan to take a defensive driving course when you are receiving a quote.
3. Complete and pass the defensive driving course! Once you have completed and passed the course, we will mail you a certificate of completion. You can fax, mail, or hand-deliver your completion certificate to your insurance provider. They will process it and reward you with a discount to your premium.
National/Texas Insurance Companies that Offer Discounts
These popular companies offer discounts to drivers that have taken a defensive driving course. Some companies even offer a 10% discount!
● Nationwide: https://www.nationwide.com/defensive-driving-discount.jsp
● Allstate: https://www.allstate.com/auto-insurance/auto-insurance-discounts.aspx
● Esurance: https://www.esurance.com/insurance/car/discounts
● State Farm: https://www.statefarm.com/insurance/auto/discounts
● Progressive: https://www.progressive.com/auto/car-insurance-discounts/
● USAA Auto Insurance: https://www.usaa.com/inet/wc/advice-auto-lowerautoinsurance?akredirect=true
● Geico: https://www.geico.com/save/discounts/defensive-driver-discounts/
● Foremost Auto Insurance: https://www.foremost.com/products/auto/
● MetLife: https://www.metlife.com/insurance/auto-insurance/car-insurance/
Check each insurance company’s eligibility requirements to make sure you are eligible for a discount. Some companies may only offer the discount to drivers over the age of 50. Restrictions may also apply for how many times you can take a defensive driving course and if you can apply the discount to more than one car.