Learning to drive defensively with Comedy Defensive Driving and taking our 100% online defensive driving course is so popular that it’s gotten just about everybody asking: am I eligible for traffic school?
Of course, most people come to us wanting to know if we offer license point removal or if we can squash a ticket. And they’ve heard it through the grapevine that traffic school is the way to go about doing that.
Let’s clear up some of the information around ‘how to remove points on my driver’s license’ by looking at what makes one eligible for traffic school.
Firstly, all you need is a valid driver’s license. We teach you how to drive defensively – as if everybody else on the road is drunk – and this is a great skill to learn. Perhaps you’ve been taught how to drive by a sibling, and you’ve picked up bad habits over the years? A defensive driving course will iron out all those kinks and teach you how to drive with greater awareness as to what is going on around you at all times. So, take that proactive step and register for a defensive driving course today.
Secondly, let’s assume you’re driving a non-commercial vehicle and you’ve received a ticket for a moving violation. In all likelihood, you qualify for traffic school and license point removal upon completion of your course.
Who decides if you qualify? The court that is shown on your ticket. Contact them to find out if you can get traffic point removal on your driver’s by attending traffic school – and then come and see us.
Every State and DMV is slightly different when it comes to the rules regarding license point removal. Unfortunately, there’s no one-size-fits-all formula that is applied countrywide. So let’s take a look at some of the info pertaining to the States in which we operate: New Jersey, Florida, and Texas.
- Comedy Defensive Driving is approved by the New Jersey MVC to reduce 2 points off your driving record.
- Insurance companies accept our certificates to lower insurance rates by up to 10% (ask your Insurance Provider for details).
- Texas state law allows you to dismiss only one traffic ticket every 12 months. However, there’s a bit of a grey area with this law, and you are entitled to ask the court if you can dismiss your ticket by taking defensive driving. The worst they can do is say no.
- Speeding, running a red light, driving without a license, not wearing a seatbelt, and driving while using a mobile device are several examples of traffic violations you can dismiss.
- We are DHSMV approved in Florida, and you may elect to attend a basic driver improvement course in lieu of points on your driving record if you receive a ticket for a non-criminal moving violation.
- You may also choose to attend a basic driver improvement course to receive insurance discounts. This discount is solely at the discretion of your insurance company.
What if something more serious than a moving violation has occurred, and you’re wanting to know if attending traffic school will help?
Consider the following situations:
- You were a driver in a crash and are found at fault, and someone was transported to the hospital
- You had two crashes in a two-year period, which resulted in property damage greater than $500.
- Passed a stopped school bus
- Highway racing
- Highway racing – spectator
- Reckless driving
- Running a red light
Then you must complete the BDI (Basic Driver Improvement Course)/TCAC (Traffic Collision Avoidance Course) if you want to retain your driver’s license. In these serious circumstances, it’s not so much about ‘can I remove points on my driver’s licence?’ as it is ‘can I still drive my car legally’. Because if your license is revoked and you’re caught driving without a license, then you’re looking at jail time.
It’s also important to note that within 30 days from the date you received the traffic citation and prior to attending class, you must:
- Inform the Clerk of Court in the county where you received the citation that you want to go to traffic school, and
- Pay an election fee to the Clerk of Court in the county where you received the citation.
You can find a full list of your options for satisfying your traffic citation on the back of the citation. You are required to choose one of the three options within 30 days of receiving the citation.
Eligibility Has its Perks
Now that you have a better idea as to the eligibility requirements for our defensive driving course, you can rest easy that the remainder of it is as fun as education can possibly be. Our lecturers are comedians. Our coursework is all online. Meaning you can take the course on a desktop, mobile, or tablet device. You don’t even need to read. Plus, it always helps to be able to laugh, right?
Comedy Defensive Driving wants to help lighten the mood for you now that you’re “eligible” for driving school. Our courses are super short (roughly six hours), and our prices are ridiculously low ($28.95, all included for the online option). So this won’t cost you too much time or money. Did we mention that we are also 100% Guaranteed – BBB A+ Rating?
When you complete our course, you will graduate and receive a free and instant certificate. You will need to provide the course completion certificate to the Clerk of the Courts office in the county where you received the citation.
Laugh it up with Comedy Defensive Driving and our trained comedic online instructors. Learn to drive defensively without having to leave the comfort of your own home.