Process in Submitting Your Certificate for a Discount
It is a quick and easy process to submit your certificate for an auto insurance discount. Here are the three steps you should take to make sure you get a discount on your auto insurance:
- Make sure your auto insurance company in Florida offers a discount to drivers that take a traffic school course. If you already have auto insurance, call your local agent or a national number to find out what the discount would be. If you are shopping for new auto insurance, mention that you are planning on taking a traffic school course. Many insurance companies include information on the discount on their website.
- Take our online traffic school class, complete it, and pass it!
- Fax, mail, or hand-deliver the completion certificate we send you to your insurance provider. They will process it and apply the discount to your premium.
The class you take to avoid getting points on your license is a different course, so you will not be able to receive an insurance discount if you take that course.
National/Florida Insurance Companies that Offer Discounts
Did you know that some companies will offer you a 10% discount if you take a traffic school course? These popular Florida auto insurance companies will offer you a discount:
- Safeco Insurance: http://www.safeco.com/auto-insurance/discounts
- Nationwide: https://www.nationwide.com/defensive-driving-discount.jsp
- Allstate: https://www.allstate.com/auto-insurance/auto-insurance-discounts.aspx
- Esurance: https://www.esurance.com/insurance/car/discounts
- State Farm: https://www.statefarm.com/insurance/auto/discounts
- Progressive: https://www.progressive.com/auto/car-insurance-discounts/
- USAA Auto Insurance: https://www.usaa.com/inet/wc/advice-auto-lowerautoinsurance?akredirect=true
- Geico: https://www.geico.com/save/discounts/defensive-driver-discounts/
Each insurance company has their own eligibility requirements. You may need to be over the age of 50, may only be able to apply the discount to one car, or may only be able to take the course a certain number of times.