Ride Share Companies (2022)

This holiday season (and any other occasion!), please don’t drink and drive. It’s great to have fun, and It’s easy to think you are under the limit of intoxication, but far too many times people underestimate how much alcohol they have drank and how impaired they actually are.

There are so many options available for getting home safely these days, Uber, Lyft and Juno, just to name a few.  Check out this list of ride share apps: https://www.ridester.com/list-of-ridesharing-companies/

First, start with taking a ride share to the location you are going to so you don’t have to worry about leaving your car overnight if you can’t drive.   This will force you to ride share home whether you have drank too much or not.

Designated Drivers

Having a friend in your group stay sober so they can be your designated driver is great, but does that really ever happen?  Well, statistics say that it does work approximately 75% of the time.  What happens the other 25% of the time?  Your dd may have 1 or 2 drinks early on and think that the alcohol will be gone from their system prior to driving, this is definitely risky, but if the dd has knowledge of how they are affected by alcohol, they may be able to pull this off safely.


The cost of a DWI

The DWI costs can vary from state to state, in Texas a first time offense can cost up to $20,000.  At that price a ride share at $20 bucks seems darn cheap.  Something to think about is not just the DWI fine itself, but all the ancillary charges associated with it, such as;

  • Court fines, surcharges and costs
  • Lawyer fees
  • Time spent in jail or prison (loss of income)
  • Bail bonds
  • Driver’s license suspension
  • Community service (do you dream about picking up trash on the roadside?)
  • Educational programs driving
  • Educational programs for drinking alcohol
  • Auto insurance premium increases
  • Vehicle towing and impound fees

Please don’t drink and drive, the solutions around it are easier than ever.  The statistics on DWI’s and traffic fatalities are really staggering, you don’t want to be one of them.


Comedy Defensive Driving®