Comedy Defensive Driving School is approved by the TDLR and TEA and is accepted by all courts in Texas to dismiss traffic tickets. Online Couse #C1965, Classroom Course #C1910.
Insurance companies also accept our certificates to lower insurance rates by up to 10%. (Be sure to ask your Insurance Provider for details).
All courses approved by the TDLR and TEA take a minimum of 360 minutes to complete. The course includes 5 hours of instructional and quiz time and 1 hour of break time. For the online course, you may choose to complete the course all in one sitting or log in and out to accommodate your schedule. The course will automatically keep track of your progress, so you can pick back up where you left off.
Certificates are processed daily. Choose your delivery option during registration. Upgrades also available until certificate has been printed:
Your delivery options are:
- Standard Delivery – FREE! Delivered by USPS, please allow 5-9 business days
- Priority Overnight – $24.95. Estimated next business day delivery by 10:30am (Not available for some areas)
- Standard Overnight – $19.95. Estimated next business day delivery by 3pm – Commercial, 4:30pm – Remote Areas, 8pm – Residential
- 2nd Day Air – $17.95. Delivered on 2nd business day with estimated delivery by 8 pm
- E-file – $19.95. Upon completion of the course your certificate will be electronically transmitted directly to the court. If the court requires you to submit a driving record, please choose the driving record option during registration. Your certificate and driving record will be transmitted to the court together. You will also receive a paper copy of the court and insurance certificates in the mail for your records.
- No weekend or holiday deliveries available. No deliveries to PO Boxes for overnight service. Even though the Expedited Shipping Provider, FedEx, guarantees delivery by a given time we cannot anticipate or take responsibility for possible delays due to circumstances outside of our control. Fedex cut off time is 4pm CST for pickup. If you complete the course after the cut off time your cetificate will be shipped out the next business day.
- State Law prohibits certificates from being handed out directly to students. Classroom students do not receive certificates in class and must choose one of the delivery options above.
The registration process will request information such as name, email address, phone number, gender, address, date of birth, driver’s license number and license plate number which will be used to process the Certificate of Completion. You will also need a credit or debit card or PayPal account to pay for the class after registering.
Guaranteed Ticket Dismissal
ACCEPTED BY ALL TX COURTS AND GUARANTEED TO DISMISS YOUR TICKET OR WE’LL PAY THE FINE
You must follow all instructions given to you by the court regarding dismissing your ticket. We guarantee that all courts in TX and FL will accept our course certificates with 100% confidence, or we will pay the ticket.
We will not be responsible for your ticket if any of the following apply:
- You did not complete the course prior to court deadline
- You did not turn in your certificate prior to court deadline
- You submitted inaccurate or incomplete information on your certificate
- You did not submit any additional documents requested by the court
- You do not have permission from the court to take defensive driving
A full refund will be made if registration is cancelled prior to completion of course. Any refund will be made within 30 days of the effective date of termination. If the course has not been successfully completed within 180 days, registration will be terminated without notice, and student will not be eligible for a refund. If student fails the course a refund will not be issued.
Personal information will not be shared with outside parties other than the TDLR and TEA, as required by law. This information is used to provide student with the course of instruction as requested to enable billing, shipping of the Certificate of Completion, verification with state agencies or retrieval of driving record with TX DPS. All information is encrypted and protected by SSL, the finest encryption software available.
Not only are they available for traffic ticket dismissal, but our courses are also approved to provide insurance rate discounts (a standard discount of 10%). As an example, if you pay $1,000 a year for insurance, your savings could be $300 (your reduction is good for 3 years). And, taking it to reduce your insurance rates, does not keep you from taking it for ticket dismissal. For questions about Texas’ state laws regarding insurance, please contact the Texas Department of Insurance Consumer Help Line at 1-800-252-3439.
5-hours of instructional videos and quiz time with 1-hour of break time.
The online course is only $25 when you use the coupon code provided during registration. The classroom courses start at $25 and go up from there depending on the location and if a meal is included in the price.
Yes. So long as you have access to the Internet, you can take this course on any device you like.
No. You can log in or out of the course at your convenience. You do not have to do it in one sitting. You can take the course from any internet connection on any devise and pick up where you left off.
The online course has a 99.99% pass rate, so it is unlikely you will fail. Each quiz allows 3 attempts. If you fail the course you must re-register and pay again but you can take the course as many times as you need.
Unfortunately no. The course is only offered in English.
Ask the court where you got your ticket – the court may allow you to take a course from the state you reside in if they feel that the 6 hour Texas Online Course will fulfill their requirements.
Texas state law allows you to dismiss only 1 traffic ticket every 12 months, but this is a bit of a grey law, and judges can allow this, so ask the court if you can dismiss your ticket by taking defensive driving – the worst they can do is say no.
Comedy Defensive Driving School® and is the Federally Registered Trademark of IDT, Inc. All rights reserved 1989-2018 **This course fulfills the requirements of the Traffic Ticket Dismissal for ALL courts in Texas and for Insurance reduction. This course can also be taken voluntarily to brush up on your driving skills.**