Why do our states require us to wear Seat Belts? Because seat belts save lives. The simple act of fastening your seat belt, an act takes two to three seconds, will give you a better chance of surviving in a collision.
The Texas Driver’s handbook states, “Safety belts are life belts and help keep you from being thrown from your car. Couldn’t they have just said “Seat Belts Save Lives”? I know it sounds like government propaganda to some of our more right-winged brethren, but facts are facts, and those facts show that your chances of being killed are five times greater if you are thrown from your car. Heck, even The Florida Driver’s handbook agrees with Texas, and that state is so right of right it sets the standard for right! Isn’t that right?
Just remember these facts the next time you want to be free from government interference:
• Safety Belts keep you from hitting the dashboard and they keep your face pretty.
• Safety Belts help you maintain better control of your car in the event of a collision.
• Seat belts keep you from being thrown against others in the vehicle. Careful don’t tough that liberal, you might get some of it on you!
• Prepare yourself and your passengers by wearing your seat belt and requiring everyone in the vehicle to buckle up.
• There are laws in place in 49 states that mandate the use of seat belts by the driver and the passengers as well. New Hampshire is the only state that just requires drivers and passengers under 18 to be belted. Do you have any idea how short the average life expectancy in New Hampshire is? Five 1/2!
Wear your seat belt when you go everywhere.
• Not just on long trips but also on trips to the store etc.
• More than half of all collisions that cause injury or death happen at speeds less than 40 mph and within 25 miles from home.
• Wearing shoulder belts with lap belts will double your chances of surviving.
If you went to Las Vegas and someone gave you a tip that could double your chances of winning, wouldn’t you use that tip?
All material in this video is the Copyright of Comedy Defensive Driving School. ® is the Federally Registered Trademark of IDT, Inc. All rights reserved 1989-2018 **This course fulfills the requirements of the Traffic Ticket Dismissal for ALL courts in Texas and for Insurance reduction. This course can also be taken voluntarily to brush up on your driving skills.**