Tire Pressure – Florida Traffic School Online Course
We all have to deal with pressures every day. Pressure to get up on time, pressures at work, peer pressures, pressures at home. All these pressures can lead to increased blood pressure. Maintaining the pressures in your life is key to a longer life.
Maintaining the proper tire pressure will help the longevity of your tires as well. Too much pressure and you have a balloon, to little pressure and you have a flat. Make it a part of your refueling regime to check your tire pressure using the gauge you have in your car. You do have one right? Check the inside of the drivers door – it should have the required tire pressures for the car right there. Or you can actually read your cars manual for the proper levels. Proper tire pressure helps optimize tire performance and fuel economy.
• Proper tire pressure can help you get better gas mileage. Under-inflated tires severely reduce gas mileage. Check your tire pressure once every month.
Correct tire pressure also improves the handling of your car and saves you money by reducing tire wear. How? By reducing tire wear, proper tire pressure saves you money on buying new tires.
• Proper tire pressure can also help reduce hydroplaning and blowouts.
• Proper tire pressure can help you get better gas mileage.
• Check your tire pressure once every month.
• Rotate tires every 7 to 10 thousand miles.
• Use the manufactures recommended tire pressure.
Use your own pressure gauge to check pressure. Use a “penny” to check your tire treads. Put the penny in upside down if you can see Lincoln’s head your tires need to change you tire. If Lincolns head disappears then you tires have plenty of tread.