The Traffic Safety Problem
Every year in Florida there are approximate 3000 fatalities recorded on Florida highways. That is 1.6 deaths per 10,000 people in the state. Economic loss in Florida was approximately nine billion dollars annually. Every time we get on the road were taking our lives and others into our own hands. By practicing common sense and safe driving techniques as well as obeying traffic laws every time we get behind the wheel of a vehicle, we can save lives.
Every year, over 40,000 people die on U.S. roads.
• Automobile crashes are the leading cause of death of young people under 34.
• Automobile crashes are the leading cause of on the job deaths.
• Automobile collisions cost the average employer nearly $120,000 dollars per employee death.
• Automobile collisions are almost double the number of accidents in the home.
• Automobile fatalities are ten times greater than fatalities caused by all other forms of transportation.
Causes of traffic collisions include:
• Driving at Unsafe speeds,
• Failure to yield the right of way
• Driving under the influence
• Talking or Texting on a cell phone
• Failure to stop at stop and go signals
• In-car distractions
• Tailgating or aggressive driving
Causes of traffic collisions include in-car distractions and failure to obey traffic laws. Why are there so many traffic collisions? One major reason has to do with in-car distractions. Add to that, drivers who simply don’t obey traffic laws.
All material in this video is the Copyright of Comedy Defensive Driving School® and is the Federally Registered Trademark of IDT, Inc. All rights reserved 1989-2015
**This course fulfills the requirements of the Basic Driver Improvement Course (BDI) the Traffic Collision Avoidance Course (TCAC) and Insurance reduction. This course can also be taken voluntarily to brush up on your driving skills.**