The Traffic Safety Problem -Texas
Each year in Texas there are approximately 4,000 fatalities recorded on Texas highways. That is approximately 1.8 deaths per 10,000 people in the state. Economic loss in Texas was approximately 9 billion dollars annually.
Every time we get on the road were talking our lives and others into our own hands. By practicing common sense and safe driving techniques as well as obeying traffic laws every time we get behind the wheel of a vehicle, we can save lives.
• Each year, over 40,000 people die on U.S. roads.
• Automobile crashes are the leading cause of death of young people under 34.
• Automobile crashes are the leading cause of on the job deaths.
• Automobile collisions cost the average employer nearly $120,000 dollars per employee death.
• Automobile collisions are almost double the number of accidents in the home.
• Automobile fatalities are ten times greater than fatalities caused by all other forms of transportation.
• Other Causes of traffic collisions include in-car distractions and failure to obey traffic laws.
All material in this video is the Copyright of Comedy Defensive Driving School® and is the Federally Registered Trademark of IDT, Inc. All rights reserved 1989-2018 **This course fulfills the requirements of the Traffic Ticket Dismissal for ALL courts in Texas and for Insurance reduction. This course can also be taken voluntarily to brush up on your driving skills.**