Number of Car Accidents in Florida
In 2015 alone, the Florida Department of Motor Vehicles (FLDMV) statistics showed that 243,384 people were injured in motor vehicle crashes in the state. The FIRES (Floridaâ€™s Integrated Report Exchange System) website reported that there were 159,848 crashes that led to serious injury.
There were 374,492 total traffic crashes in 2015. Thatâ€™s an increase from 2014 crashes and it equals about 1,026 crashes per day. Compare that data with the number of car accidents from 2011 to 2014:
- 2014: Total of 344,474 accidents (944 per day)
- 2013: Total of 317,258 accidents (869 per day)
- 2012: Total of 283,370 accidents (776 per day)
- 2011: Total of 229,214 accidents (628 per day)
It can be all too easy for the typical driver to think that a car accident isnâ€™t likely to happen to them. But, before you know it, you could be one of the 1,000 car accidents that happens on the streets of Florida every single day.
You Donâ€™t Have to Drive to Be in a Car Accident
The statistics can be even more alarming when you consider the fact that 632 pedestrians were killed in car accidents in 2015. Just think: You want to enjoy a fun night on the town, so you go to a bar thatâ€™s a walkable distance from your home. You think youâ€™re making the responsible choice by staying off the road, but an irresponsible driver can still lead to you suffering injury â€” or even putting your life at stake.
- In 2015, there were 9,086 car accidents involving pedestrians, leading to the death of 632 people who werenâ€™t even driving.
- In 2014, there were 8,845 car accidents involving pedestrians, leading to the death of 607 people.
- In 2015, there were 153 bicyclists killed in 7,123 accidents.
- In 2014, there were 135 bicyclists killed in 7,086 accidents.
Unfortunately, you can be a responsible driver â€” or not be driving at all â€” and still be at risk for all the negative consequences of a car accident. So, what can you do?
Take Steps to Protect Yourself from Car Accidents
In addition to driving as safely as possible, one of the best steps you can take to help prevent car accidents is to enroll in our traffic schoolÂ course.Â If you donâ€™t want to be involved in one of the 370,000 car accidents in Florida, our online traffic schoolÂ course can help. A few advantages of the program include:
- It can help you remove a speeding ticket or other traffic violation from your record, which saves you money short-term as well as long-term.
- Just taking the class can result in lower insurance payments. If youâ€™re tired of spending all your hard-earned money on an insurance policy you may never even use, a quick class can be the perfect solution.
- Our course is offered both online and in classrooms. No matter your learning style, schedule, or preferences, we make it easy for you to complete the course.
- The class is taught by comedians. If you think that taking a driving course has to be dull or boring, think again! Our instructors provide the perfect balance of education and fun.
- Finally, the course is designed to help you learn safer driving techniques. It can help you learn how to avoid other reckless drivers and prevent being in a car accident.
With the training from our course on your side, you can have peace of mind the next time youâ€™re on the road or on the sidewalk.