Getting Pulled Over – Florida Traffic School Online Course
Getting Pulled Over
Follow these procedures if you are being pulled over by the police or a law enforcement agency:
• Pull off the roadway as far as possible.
• Turn off your vehicle.
• Remain in your vehicle.
• Roll down your windows so the officer can see inside.
• If its dark, turn on interior lights.
• Place your keys in sight on the dash.
• Keep your hands in plain sight.
• Keep your hands in plain sight, preferably on the steering wheel.
• Wait for the officer to speak to you – most likely he will ask you for either or all of the following:
• Drivers license,
• Vehicle registration and
• Proof of insurance.
• Always announce any move you’re going to make beforehand, so the officer knows what to expect.