Getting Pulled Over
Follow these procedures if you are being pulled over by the police or a law enforcement agency:
• Pull off the roadway as far as possible.
• Turn off your vehicle.
• Remain in your vehicle.
• Roll down your windows so the officer can see inside.
• If its dark, turn on interior lights.
• Place your keys in sight on the dash.
• Keep your hands in plain sight.
• Keep your hands in plain sight, preferably on the steering wheel.
• Wait for the officer to speak to you – most likely he will ask you for either or all of the following:
• Drivers license,
• Vehicle registration and
• Proof of insurance.
• Always announce any move you’re going to make beforehand, so the officer knows what to expect.
All material in this video is the Copyright of Comedy Defensive Driving School. ® is the Federally Registered Trademark of IDT, Inc. All rights reserved 1989-2018 **This course fulfills the requirements of the Basic Driver Improvement Course (BDI) the Traffic Collision Avoidance Course (TCAC) and Insurance reduction. This course can also be taken voluntarily to brush up on your driving skills.**