Driving Under The Influence – Florida Traffic School Online Course
Driving Under The Influence
Driving under the influence is the number 3 cause of motor vehicle collisions. Every year there are over 1,000 fatalities and thousands of injuries in the State of Florida as a result of D.U.I.
Of those fatalities:
- 30 to 35% of all traffic deaths are D.U.I.related
- Alcohol is involved in close to 38% of all traffic crashes
- Alcohol has serious effects on the body.
- Alcohol impairs judgment, motor skills, and vision.
Regardless of that, impairing any of those senses can have a serious impact on your ability to drive safely.
- Alcohol is a depressant, which can induce serious psychological effects that can cause abnormal behavior in humans as well as farm animals.
- Alcohol can heighten anger and aggressiveness, causing a person to lose control of logical, rational thought.
You’ve heard it time and time again that drinking and driving is a deadly combination.