Combining – Florida Traffic School Online Course
When you combine alcohol with drugs the mixture can result in anything from nausea to heart failure. While the effects of mixing drugs and alcohol are unpredictable, here is some information about what effects there could be.
• Speed: Mixing speed and alcohol has been known to be fatal. Taken together the effects of the speed are exaggerated. Speed puts a huge strain on your heart so mixed with alcohol it can put even more pressure on it.
• Ecstasy: Ecstasy gives you a buzz and lots of energy. With ecstasy there is a real danger of overheating and dehydration. Drinking lots of alcohol also makes you dehydrated so combing the two will make this a lot worse.
• Cocaine: Using cocaine with other drugs or alcohol increases the risk of side-effects. Alcohol and cocaine are very dangerous because they interact in the body to produce a toxic chemical. There is a high risk of overdose if you mix alcohol with cocaine.
• GHB: GHB has a sedative effect, dulling your inhibitions and making you sleepy. Even by itself it can cause unconsciousness, coma and death so it’s really dangerous to mix with alcohol.
• Heroin: If you mix heroin with alcohol then you have a much higher risk of overdosing. Even a moderate amount of alcohol can lower the level of heroin that leads to a fatal overdose.
Combining alcohol with another drug and they are likely to produce a synergistic effect which no one can predict. You might only have one drink, but when you mix it with an Ambient, Zanax, Weed, speed or who knows what kind of disaster you’ll be out on the road.